Tia Marias Roasted Rojo Enchiladas
|READY IN: 1 hour 10 mins||SERVES: 8|
- 2 rotisserie chickens
- 2 jars Tia Marias Roasted Rojo
- 6 green onions
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro leaves
- 16 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 container reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 c. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package reduced-fat (2%) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Remove meat from chickens and coarsely shred; place in medium bowl (you will need 5 1/2 cups; reserve any extra for use another day). Discard skin and bones. Stir 1/2 cup Roasted Rojo into chicken to evenly coat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 13″ by 9″ glass or ceramic baking dishes; set aside. In 12-inch skillet, heat remaining Roasted Rojo, green onions, and lime juice to boiling on medium-high. Boil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro; keep warm over very low heat.
- With tongs, place 1 tortilla in Roasted Rojo mixture; heat 10 seconds. Place tortilla on waxed paper; top with about 1/3 cup shredded-chicken mixture. Roll up tortilla and place, seam side down, in prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture, arranging 8 tortillas in each dish.
- Stir sour cream and broth into remaining Roasted Rojo mixture in skillet; spoon over filled tortillas. Cover one baking dish with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts. Meanwhile, sprinkle remaining cheese and cilantro over second casserole and prepare for freezing (see Thawing and Reheating Tips).